2016 Protein Trends & Technologies Seminar Store
Presentations from the:
Pre-conference: Business Strategies Program
Technical Program: Formulating with Proteins
All presentations made available by the speakers at Global Food Forums, Inc.’s 2016 Protein Trends & Technologies Seminar held May 3-4, 2016 at the DoubleTree, Oak Brook, Illinois, USA, are offered here for free.
Global Food Forums® 2016 Protein Trends & Technologies Seminar: Formulating with Proteins Summary is sponsored by Arla Foods Ingredients, Givaudan, RiceBran Technologies, Synergy Flavors and Orochem Technologies.
Please click on its cover to the left to obtain a downloadable copy.
GENERAL SESSION PRESENTATIONS
May 3rd Pre-conference: Business Strategies Program
→ Capitalizing on the Next Generation of Protein Opportunities; Sustaining the Rush
– Elizabeth Sloan, Ph.D., President, Sloan Trends, Inc.
→Perspectives on Investments & Acquisitions in the Protein Supply and Finished Products Industry (Adapted from presentation given at seminar)
– Matthew Roberts, Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer, NBTY, Inc.
→Managing the Dairy Protein Markets: Forces to Watch in the Coming Years
– Duane Banderob, MSc, COO, Dairy.com and leader, Blimling and Associates
→What’s for Dinner? Behaviors, Products, and Services Creating the New Future of Food
– Justin Shimek, Ph.D., CEO and Chief Technology Officer, Mattson
→Global Perspectives: An Overview of the Global Protein Landscape
– Chris Schmidt, Senior Consumer Health Analyst, Euromonitor International
→High on Protein: Insights into a Consumer Search for Health
– Andrew Mandzy, MBA, Director Strategic Insights, Nielsen
→SPECIAL SESSION Future Signals: Identifying Behavioral, Marketplace, and Technology Trends
– Mike Lee, MBA, CEO and Founder, Studio Industries
May 4th Technical Program: Formulating with Proteins
→ Consumer Market Opportunities in Protein
– David Sprinkle, MBA, Research Director, Packaged Facts
→Unlocking the Potential of Alternative Proteins for Use in New Applications
- Laurice Pouvreau, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, NIZO food research
→Making a Claim: Factors impacting Protein Quality and a New Way for Measuring
- David Plank, Senior Technical Manager, Medallion Labs
→Flavors & Proteins – Understanding Component Interactions & the Impact of Processing (Adapted from presentation given at seminar)
- MaryAnne Drake, Ph.D., Sensory Analysis & Flavor Chemistry, North Carolina State University
→Protein Supplementation and Athlete Performance (Adapted from presentation given at seminar)
- Jay Hoffman, Ph.D., Dir. Institute of Exercise Physiology and Wellness, Professor and Chair, Dept. of Educational & Human Sciences, University of Central Florida
→Formulating Protein Beverage: Real World Challenges and Tactical Solutions (Adapted from presentation given at the seminar)
- Justin Cline, Beverage Scientist, Imbibe
→From Gluten-free to Whole Grain: Formulating On-trend Products
- Heather Maskus M.Sc., Project Manager, Pulse Flour Milling, and Food Applications, Cigi (Canadian International Grains Institute)
→Update on GMO Labeling: Where do We Stand, Where are We Headed?
- Chip English, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP